Have you recently quit drinking alcohol?
If so, you are invited to join a research study at the University of Wisconsin-Madison looking at whether a commonly prescribed blood pressure medication can help individuals in recovery from alcoholism to stay sober.
If you join, you will:
- Attend a screening visit at the Addiction Research Center (ARC) at UW-Madison.
- Attend 7 additional study visits at the UW Hospital over a 2-month period.
- Take the study drug daily for 8 weeks.
- Participate in two brief counseling sessions.
You may be able to join this research study if you:
- Are over the age of 18
- Have recently quit drinking alcohol
Study Location: Brogden Psychology Building, 1202 W. Johnson St, and University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics, 600 Highland Ave, Madison, WI
Study Length: Eight visits over two months
Study Compensation: Up to $520 for your participation
What if I want to learn more about joining the study?
Please leave a message with your name, phone number, and the best time for us to reach you
You can also provide this information through this form.